Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Finger-licking good

This morning we had steel cut oats with apple chunks and cinnamon. It was a good switch from the standard steel cut oats and cranberry or blueberry toppings. Emma gobbled up every last bit of the mixture- willingly and without any directives from me. So there I was in the kitchen putting away my dirty bowl and tidying the place up a bit. I look over at Emma who is licking her fingers. She proceeds to tell me, "You can suck your fingers instead of you wash your hands." (That is exactly what she said; I didn't edit the grammatical errors.)

Despite my chuckles, which were no doubt encouraging, we followed standard clean-up procedures with a trip to the sink and some scrubbing. Although, I have to admit, it was much easier to clean her hands this time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment