Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

It's on the ground!

This morning Emma and Steve had a fun daughter-Daddy outing to the zoo. When they got home Emma came in and found me at the computer.
"Mommy, can we buy me some more silver shoes?" she whined.
I noticed that there was one silver shoe on her foot; her other foot was bare.
Daddy: Do you want to tell Mommy what happened to the other shoe?
Emma: No. Mommy, could we please go buy more silver shoes right now?
Mommy: We aren't going to the store, and I think I need to hear what happened to your shoe.
Daddy: she threw it out the window.
Mommy: What? She what?
Daddy: she just kept saying, 'it's on the ground. My shoe is on the ground.' By the time I realized what she was talking about we were way past the spot.
Mommy: Did you have to pull over?
Daddy: No, I didn't pull over. It happened under the J---tunnel.
Mommy: Wow, that is a busy street. Emma, that is a much too difficult road to pull over on; there really isn't a spot to do that there.
Daddy: I wanted to go back because I feel bad about littering. I just hope that she learned her lesson.
Mommy: oh boy. I am sorry that your shoe is lost, Emma.

Insert some tears and frantic running around and you get the gist. I guess I should have told Steve that she tried to throw something out the window earlier in the week so since then I have been keeping her window high up and locked. Ooops. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment