Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Strange morning

Earlier this week when Emma woke up she asked me to snuggle with her. So I hopped on her bed and she crawled on my lap. I sat there with my arms around her, snuggling her close.
Emma: "Mommy, if you died... and we stuffed you...you would make a great Halloween decoration."
Mommy (trying hard not to laugh or focus on the died part): "Um, OK... don't you think it would be creepy to see me stuffed all the time?"
Emma (giggling): "yeah I guess so, but you'd make a great Halloween decoration."
Mommy: "What made you think of that?"
Emma (giggling): "It came from a monkey's tummy."
Mommy: "A monkey's tummy? That's silly."
Emma (still giggling): "Yeah- that monkey!" and she points to the monkey on her dresser drawer knob.
We both started cracking up and that was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment