Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Swing, Swang, Swung

Emma has finally mastered pumping all on her own!  Last week she kept bugging Daddy and I to push her on the swing. Sometimes we obliged for a few pushes. Then once Daddy left again for Cedar Rapids, I was too hot and tired to push Emma. So I encouraged her to pump by herself. Of course she whined and complained, "I can't do it! I can't get as high as when you push me!"


So one day she asked me if I would go outside with her and push her on the swing. I had to finish up a few things on the computer and told her I would come outside when I was done. But I might not push you I said. It took me longer than I expected to finish up and towards the end of my work I heard a noise that I thought should have reminded me of something. I went outside and there was Emma swinging really high in the sky!
"Look, Mama! I can touch the Locust tree with my feet!"
"Wow! You are really doing great! I knew you could learn to swing without my help."
Then Emma slowed down and asked me to watch how she got started. She used one foot to push her backwards and then really worked the pumping action. She was soaring high again in no time. And grinning like crazy! It was an awesome afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment