Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

happy 2013

Happy New Year! 
We started new year's eve day off at Great Grandma's. Nanie and Papa and the Schueles were there (except Marc). We had a nice meal and the girls got tons of presents. They really got spoiled. Annika got a stuffed Snoopy from Nanie and Papa. The story behind the snoopy toy is that when I was a girl I had one that I took everywhere with me. I dragged it around and loved it. (I honestly don't remember this.) I don't know if my brother had one, too or if maybe he got my chewed on crusty one. Well fast forward to the next generation and Uncle Scott's first son, Wyatt,  just had to have a stuffed Snoopy. Papa found one and then continued the tradition for Blake and Emma. What I really want to know is if they bought 4 or 5 Snoopy's back when Wyatt was born with the hopes that there would be as many grandkids as Snoopy's someday. 

Chris and Uncle Chuck put together the baby care center from Great Grandma to Emma. It was quite the project. Emma was upset that she didn't have any dolls with to give it a test run. We balanced it precariously on the top of the brewing equipment in the back of the van on our trek to Woodstock and hoped it wouldn't land on the dog.




We spent the rest of  new years eve at the Kniola's in Woodstock. It was a raucous and fun night as always. Annika slept really well in the afternoon and evening, which amazed us all. Then at about 1 am she decided to be cranky all night long. Since we went to bed late I guess we should be thankful that all night long was only 6 hours or so. Emma had a fun night playing with the kids. She snacked and played and was wide awake until the ball dropped. At midnight she toasted us with some sparkling drink and put on a festive hat. She slept on the couch with Madison and Jared. The next morning everyone was fuzzy, but Steve and Uncle Steve still brewed beer outside in the bitter cold.  Madison and Emma skated on the backyard pond in their boots. I fell while borrowing Aunt Darcy's skates (I forgot to remove one of the blade guards). Rooky mistake! Emma was concerned for me, which was sweet.  
Annika napped and enjoyed hanging out with the kids, too. Madison and Jared love to hold Annika, and Emma doesn't seem to mind. We were all happy to sleep in our own beds that night!




No comments:

Post a Comment