Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

Green or red?

When it comes to grapes, Steve and I have our own definite and different answers. I prefer green grapes. When I go to the grocery store I buy green grapes. Steve prefers red grapes. When Steve goes to the grocery store he buys red grapes. Emma, so far, eats whatever grape is sitting in front of her. Indeed, at this year's Super Bowl party she was grabbing (green) grapes off the table and shoving them into her mouth faster than we could stop her. Up to that point I don't even think she had tasted a grape before due to the potential choking hazard.

Since we usually don't have both red and green grapes on the counter at the same time, Emma has shown no preference for one or the other. Until today that is- Emma and I came home from the grocery store with green and red grapes. I was really curious which parent she prefers, I mean which grape she prefers. :)

After lunch I gave Emma one half of a green grape and one half of a red grape. Once she had eaten them both I asked her which one she liked better. No answer. So I gave her two more halves and asked, "Which is better, Emma, red or green?" She said, "Blue!"


PS Later, Emma spit out the red grape skins and asked for more green grapes. Hmm...

1 comment:

  1. aahhh kids, always teaching us. :) this made both curt and i laugh out loud .. . :)

    ReplyDelete