Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Love you

So last week Emma said "love you" for the first time...to the neighbor! (I was so happy to hear that but yet so much wished that it had been for me or Steve. You know that heart string tug I am talking about.)

When I called home on Monday to check in, Emma was just getting out of the bath. (Perhaps Steve can fill in the details and his perspective here.) So, Steve held the phone out to Emma at one point to say hi to Mama or say love you Mama. I said hello and love you and then waited. A couple of seconds later and the sweetest word(s) since Mama came crystal clear through the line. "Love you." I mentally scooped her up and smothered her with kisses! It was awesome!

Then Steve and I talked for a bit more. (I think Emma peed on the changing table at this point.) When he put Emma back on the phone she melted my heart again. "Love you. Night night."

That was one of the best nights ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment