Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

No More Scissors

About a month ago this was the verdict I gave to Emma. And i will say it again. No more scissors!

Emma has a fun craft area set up right near the computer desk, with the idea that we can see it (mostly) from the kitchen and desk area. It should work out so that we know what is happening in the craft area. Because let's face it, a preschooler won't ask for permission to do inappropriate things with the art supplies! :)

So I know that Emma has scissors and that she was making a giant mess by cutting paper after paper into small bits. And then I got distracted. When I finally checked back in, I noticed that Emma was using the scissors to cut the ear fuzz off my stuffed koala bear. Of course I got mad but tried to keep my cool. That worked OK as I walked the scissors over to a high shelf and said no more scissors, you know that scissors are for paper only. That's when I spied the pieces of a dress on the floor, next to the dress that had been pulled from the drying rack. And then I noticed that some spider plant leaves were lying on the floor. So I lost my cool a bit and got pretty mad. Thankfully, my friend called me on the phone and helped me find the funny in the situation. Later that day, I noticed that Chloe was also missing some chunks of hair that I found in a pile in a corner when I went looking for them.
That was quite the cutting adventure! Hopefully for the last time.

Except that I forgot to tell Steve why Emma's scissors were up high. He gave them to Emma when she asked for them one day while I was out running errands. I came home and found that she had again cut up something she shouldn't have. I guess it is a good sign that I can't remember what it was!

Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment