Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

We're playing...

...Frances family.
...Winnie the Pooh family.
...Strawberry Shortcake family.
...Peter Rabbit family
... any family she can think of that is not our family. Except when Emma plays Mommy and the rest of us are somebody else. If we are lucky we get to play ourselves.

Right now we are playing Frances family. I am Frances. Emma is the teacher. Chloe (our dog) is Albert, and a blue stuffed bear is Gloria. We had morning meeting on the kitchen floor where we shared our pumpkin pictures. (This was a sign left over from my graduation party that I put in her craft area earlier today. Emma traced all of the letters and the jack-o-lantern and added her own pictures of her mom, dad and Gloria.)

Just a couple of minutes ago we hung up some circles to mark the passage of days (like they do in Emma's preschool). Getting circles of paper for this project was an ordeal! Emma tried tearing circles but that didn't work. After whining and crying for a bit she was finally able to ask nicely for her scissors (see the next post titled "No More Scissors"). After littering the floor with failed attempts she asked me to cut out circles. She still wanted me to do it after I drew circles for her to cut around. Circles are hard to cut out! Since I was Frances I hung the circles on the wall (cork board) while she explained the whole process in preschooler-English.

She just told me that she is not the teacher and she wants to play on the playground. I am the new teacher I guess! And what is the playground she is talking about? The couch! We turn up the cushions so that Chloe doesn't sleep on the couches, and they make a great pretend playground. I suppose it is a softer landing than outside on the play structure!

No comments:

Post a Comment