Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Good Funniness

On Monday the 6th of August we were all sitting around the dinner table talking about our days.  Emma is sometimes reluctant to share what she did and this night was no exception.
Mommy: Tell Daddy what we did with Baby Katie this morning.
Emma: You tell.
Daddy: Did you take her to the auto repair shop and get her oil changed?
Everyone laughs.
Emma: Good funniness!
Everyone laughs some more.  It was quite humorous.

This is what we did with Baby Katie.  Upstairs in our bedroom, I showed Emma how the baby might sleep in the bassinet, using Baby Katie as the stand-in. I showed Emma where I would sit to nurse the baby, how the Boppy wraps around my waist, and where Emma's basket of things to do will be located.  Then we went into the guest room to change the baby's diaper. I showed Emma how she could help- by getting a wet cloth, putting the dirty diaper into the pail or finding a new outfit.  Emma had this look of shock and delight on her face that seemed to say, I get to help?  It was very cute. Then we looked at the bouncer seat and Emma took out some toys to amuse the baby with. Downstairs we put Baby Katie in the swing.  It was a rough run through of course with no crying (on anyone's part!), but I think it helped show Emma how she can be involved. Now we just need baby to get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment