Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

The Apricot Show

Ever since Emma was a baby Steve has fondly referred to her tushy as "apricots." It is an endearing adjective that I am sure one day will embarass the heck out of her! (As will the following post.)

Lately, Emma has been fond of running around naked ("nakie") upstairs before her bath. When she runs by the top of the stairs she yells out for Mama, and Steve asks her if she wants to give Mama an apricot show. I, of course, indulge them (and myself).

At the top of the stairs I wait behind the closed gate for Emma to come running by. She smiles and giggles and jiggles on by. I reach through the bars to tickle her and she lets out a little scream and keeps running. Watching her run away is just the cutest thing. Steve and I watch and chuckle. Emma keeps coming back for more! It has become quite a ritual that we all look forward to I think. Someday I know she will learn about modesty and not want us to see her apricots,and I suppose her apricots won't stay apricots forever either. But until that day comes bring on the apricot show! ( Sorry, this show is an exclusive event. You will have to wait downstairs.)

1 comment:

  1. too cute - i can't wait until we have crazy naked races in our house. for now we still have to protect ourselves from wild pee at random diaperless times :)

    ReplyDelete