Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hamming it up

Emma knows what the camera is used for, and the other day she kept pointing at it and grunting. (She grunts when she wants something or to get our attention. What a little piggy! :)) We won't let her play with it of course so I turned it on and told her I would take her picture. Well, she was being so cute I had to video tape her instead. Did I mention that we were eating lunch at the time? You'll soon see what I mean....(watch video please)

On another note, we stood Emma next to her giraffe wall hanging with the measuring tape to see how tall she is. (I was swearing (not literally) that she is much taller than the last trip to the docs. And....she is almost 33 inches tall! Holy cats. With her "new" height she can now climb on and perhaps more importantly off, of her rocking horse, reach higher on the counters, and has an easier time on the stairs. She also has a new tooth in just yesterday. It seems that the final lateral incisor (the one that has been missing for 2 months) decided to join the others! Soon Emma will have 8 teeth. And counting...

I love this age! She is still so sweet and independently dependent. For no reason what so ever (that I could tell) she ran up to me the other day and bear hugged me. Yesterday she climbed in my lap with Snoopy and snuggled for a few minutes. She says Mama and my heart melts. I love that little bear!

Today we went outside and played. It was so sunny and warm! Emma had such fun getting licked by the neighbor's puppy, interfering in another neighbor's soccer kicking fun, trying to run in the neighbor's back yard, etc. She cried when we had to go in. Then we came back out the back with the dog and had more fun! Here Emma discovered dirt, leaves, and grass. Grass is especially fun to pull out of the ground and dirt has a good smell. :) Plus, plastic glasses make great containers for organic material. Stay tuned for video action at a later date.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! she is like a perfect mixture of you and steve! i can tell she was trying to smile on command or shake her head yes . . . not sure. but very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete