Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Yes

Emma (like most kids) grasped on to "no" very quickly. She can say no, shake her head no, and point at things that she shouldn't touch and say no. Aw...

Yes has been more difficult. I shake my head and my fist (the sign for yes) and say it all together really slowly and all the time. Just a few days ago she decided to try imitating my hand gesture. Her lack of coordination made it hard to tell what she was doing, but I could tell. :) It was the look of concentration on her face that made me stop and really look at what she was doing. Then sometime after that she started trying to move her head up and down when I said yes. This is too funny because she has to try so hard. Her bottom lip juts out or she moves her mouth in a strange way and moves her head mostly up and down. It sort of rocks side to side as well. Some times her whole body moves as well. You can practially feel her brain trying to control her muscles. I can't really explain all that well. You just have to see it. Thankfully, she does it a little bit in the Hamming it up video. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment