Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Fanny Pack Sister

I had to take Annika to work with me on Wednesday. It made my bosses day. "I love this baby! She is the best baby in the world."
so anyway, I am almost done teaching when Julie comes down obviously looking for something. she asks me if I have any extra pants for Annika, which of course I do not. Is this my first time packing a diaper bag or what? Julie tells me that Annika leaked through a little but she thinks they have spare pants her size downstairs. No biggie!
So i start cleaning up forgetting that my daughter is roaming around in the offices when i look up and see Virginia heading my way along with Little A.
Mommy: (laughter)
Virginia: (laughter) isn't this great?
Annika: (stops, gives a weird half smile and observes my response)
Mommy: oh my goodness, that is too much! Look at you, Annie, with no pants on. You are too cute. (laughter)
Virginia: she said no to the extra pants. All she wanted was her fanny pack back on. (laughter)

There are no photos to go with this post unfortunately. It would have been priceless. so instead my words will have to paint a mental picture.
Annika is wearing a bright green short sleeve shirt. Her hair is half up in an off-center, floppy do. She is wearing white socks with her dirty white Robeez. You can kind of see her bulky cloth diaper with blue flower wrap underneath the adult-size dark blue fanny pack. It hangs loosely in front like a cat's jungle pouch and is weighed down with something. the straps are dangling almost to the ground on both sides of the pack. Every once in awhile Annika's hands rest in the open front pocket. she wears an impish grin alternating with a contented gaze.

Virginia: she wanted to put some rocks and tree cookies in there. (Chuckles)
Mommy: wow, look at your collection. That is really something. (endearing laughter and a hug)

Annika wore the fanny pack up until the moment I strapped her into the stroller and tucked her into my fleece sweatshirt. Thankfully she did not put up a fight at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment