Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Remember how much I love you

Yesterday morning was a bit rough. I woke up with a horrible tummy ache and cold symptoms. Emma woke up with a cold as well. So we struggled to maintain civility. I had little patience for anything, which I regret.  At one point I asked Emma to find her water bottle so I could put it in her lunch. She looked everywhere but could not find it. I was frustrated that every morning we waste 10 minutes searching for something- water bottle, coat, shoes, etc.  I finally lost it and she of course got upset and almost cried. I cringed. So then I remembered how one day last week I think we couldn't find Baby Katie and for some reason I opened the front door and there she was on the front porch. So I asked Emma, did you take your water bottle outside by the mailbox? I suddenly remembered that she had it the day before when she got out of the car and went to get the mail.  She looked out the window and said, Yes it is by the mailbox. So out she ran to get it. It should have been funny. It is amusing right now. But at the time I was just annoyed.
Upstairs we brushed teeth and while I was in my bathroom, I could hear Emma in hers. When I went to check she had a sheepish look on her face. I looked all around and my eyes found the icky, white smears on the fresh, clean hand towel. What is that? I asked two or three times; not politely I confess. She finally answered, "soap."  I didn't handle it very well. But I calmed down and went back and apologized for getting so upset over nothing. Emma said, that's OK Mama. Then she gave me a heart sticker and placed it on my shirt. "Now you can look at it all day and always remember how much I love you."  I almost cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment